RED VELVET CAKE Nanny Scherer
RED VELVET CAKE
11/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
1 ½ cups sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp each baking soda, salt and vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2Tbsp (1 oz) liquid red food color
2 tsp white vinegar
2 ½ cup cake flour (not self-rising)
2 bricks (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
2 jar (7 or 7 ½ oz each) marshmallows cream (such as Marshmallow Fluff)
Sweetened flaked coconut, green gumdrops or spearmint leaf candy, jumbo red nonpareils
1. Heat oven 350ºF. Coat two 9x2 in. or 8x2 in. cake pans with baking spray (nonstick spray with flour).
2. Cake: In a large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla 2 minutes until creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended. Stir buttermilk, food color and vinegar in a 2-cup measure until well blended. With mixer on low, beat in flour in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture in 2 additions, beating just until combined. Spread 3 cups batter in each prepared pan.
3. Bake 31 to 33 minutes for 9-in layers, 41 to 43 minutes for 8-in. layers, until cakes pull away from sides of pans and a pick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire pans onto rack to cool completely.
4. Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with mixer on medium bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add marshmallow cream: beat until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute.
5. To assemble: Place 1 layer on serving plate; spread with 2 cups frosting. Top with remaining layer; frost sides, then with remaining frosting. Sprinkle top with coconut. Roll out a gumdrop and cut out tiny holly leaves; arrange with red nonpareils on cake . Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Per serving:539cal; 7 g pro, 55 g car, 1 g fiber, 33 g fat (20 g sat fat), 120 mg chol, 552 mg sod.
Store UN-frosted layers covered at room temperature up to 1 day or freeze airtight up to 1 month. Thaw before frosting.
Frost up to 1 day ahead.
Tambien tenemos la receta en español, ver;*http://creatividadeslatinas.blogspot.com/2011/02/velvet-cake-paso-paso-y-bombones-de.html
CREATIVIDADES LATINAS 2011- ©2011DERECHOS RECERVADOS. CREATIVIDADESLATINAS.COM